Friday, August 19, 2011

-take a deep breath-

::Day 2 of my blog::
This morning started off pretty quiet.  I like to arrive to work earlier than everyone else so I can establish/ground my peace in the space.  I'm also more productive when people aren't around.  I get out me to-do list and go to work. 
I've been thinking a lot about God in my life, lately.  His omnipresence (He's everywhere at once), and how obvious He has made this characteristic in my life.  I remember sometimes hating when people would say "If you don't know God to be a _______, live a little longer and you'll see".  It used to remind me of my youth, which for some reason made me feel inferior or ignorant.  Of course, now that I'm older (not old) I see so much more of what they mean.  So often we take the many characteristics of God for granted.  We categorize His abilities based on the needs He presently fulfills.  So, if I'm a student, I think of Him through the lens of my academic life, and how He allows me to get good grades, get my financial needs in order, etc.  Yet, this totally leaves out the bigger picture.  All of Him.  The attempt to conceptualize "all of God" is clearly impossible (because He's just that dynamic) but I find that humbles me and reminds me so much of my holistic dependence on Him.  I zoom out of the original focal point (a slice of my life) and begin to consider so much more.  Not only am I humbled, but I become selfless.  I realize the world is so much bigger than myself, allowing me to break out of the egocentric constraints of humanity. 
And then...
With that freedom
I sit
uninterrupted
with no sound
And in that very moment
I experience God
(pause)
I experience Him in an overwhelming, butterflies, tears welling up, heart-racing, kind of way.
And it is better than anything I've ever felt.  Every moment is sweeter than before.
I am drawn closer to Him, because in that second, in that moment,  it's not about me.
All of my inward and outward focus, All of my inward and outward attention is on Him.
He has the spotlight. 
I just love on Him.
with all of me
and that is called
WORSHIP

1 comment:

  1. I love this Keisha. I have been thinking a lot about this lately too so I can completely relate to your above feelings. Great post, love ya :)

    ReplyDelete