Tuesday, May 12, 2015

So things are really crazy and different three years later.  I'm in a totally different place in my life (changed jobs, cities, and marital status).  There's too much to update at this point, but I imagine there will be a time when I look back and explain some of my life happenings from 2012-2015.

My artistic side dominates most of my mind.  It seems as if the older I get, the more my creative lens takes over as if to reclaim a dwelling place.  Most of my blog entries will be written from that perspective.  I'm not sure that my audience (if I have one) will always be able to understand what I'm saying, but I trust you will glean something.

Here's a little something something that I'd like to share!

Sweet melon across juicy glossed lips.
Strawberries, sweet,
summer tastes like the earth is ripe
ready to get a scoop or sink my teeth into.
hot pink, neon, toes decorated, on display.
framed, peeping, or running free,
buried under, searching for the cool layer of sand.
dancing on the hot top before cooling off in the pool
breeze
cool
bronzed, golden, sunkissed skin, on display
framed, peeping, or running free.
sundress, draped, free flowing
providing a cool layer for her to dance
...or just be
hair. natural. 
running from neck sweat. braided down, tie it up. put- it- on display
framed, peeping, or running free.
standing curls. disobediently righteous, defying gravity.
she's elegant, summer is. 
like a woman whose intensity is so great-
those who endure her, struggle to withstand all of her
but she doesn't hold back. 
Even when they sweat,
she is defined by her own power.
I like to think i can be like summer too...
go ahead ladies, make them SWEAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment